Friday, February 17, 2012

WEEK 4: Planned Process

Earlier I expressed that I was wanting to develop something everyday this semester within the project. I don't want to sound like a loser, or someone who can't time manage myself...but that is HARD. Especially with three other classes on my plate, as well as free lance and design team. I really wanted to be able to do that challenge for myself and for this project, but I just don't see it happening realistically, and I don't want to set myself up for a major failure.

Moving forward I plan on slowing down the process a bit. Forgetting about making something for all chapters because I'm not trying to re-tell the story of "The Cather and the Rye" I'm wanting to pick and choose quotes and themes that I can relate to and that I think other people can relate to. This definitely looses the structured part of my plan, but I think having a more flexible plan may be better for this specific situation, because never know what will be going on during a specific day/week in the future.

Here are some QUICK initial studies I have done pertaining to the first three chapters in "The Catcher and the Rye".




The reason I'm changing the initial approach is because I don't want to make something that's not that great then have to make something GREAT out of it later....it has the risk of not coming out. I know that risks are good to take, I think that this process wasn't set up that well for me, specifically. These posters are simple. Too simple, for what I want the final artifacts to be like. I need to explore and express these themes and quotes at a deeper level.

No comments:

Post a Comment