Monday, May 7, 2012

WEEK 11: Moving forward

As time has progressed I have made a lot of attempts at more quotes for my idea of the home installation. Here are some Images dealing with the two quotes of "Women Kill me. They really do", "Goddam Money. It always ends up making you blue as hell", the "Girls with their legs...." quote, and finally, "When you take a girl when she really gets passionate, she just hasn't any brains."















Above are initial iterations for those quotes. For the steak, I'm still running with the idea of people being a piece of meat when talking about the quote, "women kill me. they really do." Like I've said before, I think this quote could go either way when involved gender, but I decided to keep it the same to stay true to the book. But, I wanted this to have a place setting idea. To make all other elements look perfect, except for the steak being uncooked, raw, and dead. 

The pasta is representing of a girls brain. Or at least the women that Holden Caulfield refer to in this quote. Representing the similar idea of it being on a plate, like the steak insinuates that someone is about to eat it, or in the process of eating it. 

And finally, the girl with a crown, and the girl with no crown. This one is more representing of status, respect, and money. More than just money. I wanted to show the same girl (me) as looking on both sides of things, and neither being happy. It's more of an interpretation on this quote, but also the idea of the grass is never greener on the other side. 

After showing these ideas to my professor and some classmates I had some good reactions, but I also moved forward with other ideas as well. Here is an example of how I pushed the noodle idea further.


As you see here, is the set up I had for my composition. I decided to give the noodles an actual context, rather than having the audience interpret the idea from a dinner plate. Placing the messy spaghetti on a pillow I think puts it in an odd place so it's kind of eye-catching, and the audience wants to investigate more.

No comments:

Post a Comment