Friday, March 2, 2012

WEEK 6:"women kill me. they really do."

"Women kill me. They really do."













As you can tell I played with different imagery, and type layouts. I didn't want to stick so close to my thumbnail process, I just needed to get the general concept out on paper. A lot of good things came out of critique this morning. I was happy to see that two of my fellow classmates that haven't been following what I'm doing understood my approach and objective to this assignment, which was really re-assuring. Earlier this week I was feeling a bit defeating considering the challenges that came up in discussion (which were very valid and good challenges). Some points that came up were visual approaches of collage. Choosing objects that metaphorically represent the quote. Like what I was saying in one of my earlier posts I want the audience to not have to reference the text of "The Catcher in the Rye", so going about this way may be the best decision to get my messaging out there.

Overall, some thinks that I feel good about moving forward with are making these a series. At first I wanted to let them live on their own to expand my rendering styles...but re-thinking it I think that it would be a more successful project, and somewhat easier...which I'm not technically looking for, just thinking about doing the same thing to each comp would be a more fluid process of development. Also, an interesting problem to solve. Another thing to make this look a bit more complex and have more depth is to use hand lettering in all comps. Which is definitely something I've been wanting to do in the project. I'm excited to move forward and develop this as a whole.

No comments:

Post a Comment